Job Vacancy - Children's Support workerLocation: East Riding of Yorkshire
Date Posted: Thursday 22 April 2021
We have exciting Job Positions for caring, enthusiastic individuals to support children and young people with Special Education Needs and or Disabilities.
- Supporting children/young people to access their local communities in and around the East Riding of Yorkshire for Short Break fun and learning activities. Short break provision can range from a few hours a week to an allocated number of overnight breaks per year.
- Provide personal care and support in accordance with the individual’s needs and preferences, as stated in their care and support plan.
- Working in a person-centred way providing practical and emotional support to the child/young person, to enable them to meet the goals and outcomes identified in their support plan.
- A caring nature and a genuine interest in the care sector
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Possession of problem-solving skills (when in a situation that requires us to apply knowledge and skills in a new way)
- Effective communication skills including adapting communication styles to the individual, and also the ability to keep a factual accurate record of events.
- Hold a full driving licence and access to own vehicle with appropriate business insurance.
- Flexible to different shift patterns
- Aged 18+ due to working with vulnerable adults and children.
- Willingness to undertake an enhanced disclosure check.
Company + Benefits
We seek to deliver a world class service through a system of continuous development producing highly trained staff and delivering a service that is reliable, dependable and consistent.
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits amongst other things:
- Free Full continuous training provided
- Flexible adaptable work patterns
- Support 24/7
- Refer a friend and receive a bonus £200 (subject to terms and conditions)
- Top pay rates in the sector
- Workplace pension scheme